TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama soccer workforce (22-2-1) hosts Duke in the quarterfinals of Friday’s NCAA event at Alabama Soccer Stadium. The recreation between No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Duke begins at 6 p.m. CT on ESPN+.
- Runner-up Duke (15-4-3): Friday, November 25 – 6 p.m. CT, on ESPN+
- Fans can observe the motion via the workforce’s official Twitter account @AlabamaSoccer
- Alabama meets Duke for the fourth time in program historical past and for the first time since 1997
- UA ranks third nationally in the United Soccer Coaches ballot, whereas Duke ranks eighth nationally
The tide at the NCAA event
- The 2022 season marked the first time Alabama had competed as an NCAA event No. 1, in addition to the first time the program had hosted an NCAA event recreation
- Alabama will make its program debut in the NCAA Tournament Quarterfinals after a 9-0 win over Jackson State (11/11), a 2-1 win over Portland and a 3-1 win over UC Irvine
- UA earned its second consecutive NCAA event end and fifth general event look for the first time in program historical past
Set the new commonplace
- Alabama has damaged seven workforce information this season, setting the new commonplace for factors (211), targets (73), assists (66), pictures (502), pictures on objective (212), wins (22) and shutouts (12).
- Riley Mattingly Parker holds the UA document for factors (41), targets (17) and game-winning targets (7) in a single season, whereas additionally being the program chief for profession game-winning targets (10).
- Felicia Knox broke the Tide document for assists at 20 and profession assists at 25
- In the net, McKinley Crown holds a program document of 22 single-season wins and 40 profession wins, in addition to a UA document of 10 shutouts this yr for having the most profession shutouts in an Alabama uniform at 21
- Alabama additionally set the attendance document, welcoming 1,882 individuals to Alabama Soccer Stadium for the Tide vs. Florida recreation (10/23).
- Felicia Knox has an NCAA-leading 20 assists this season and holds the nation’s second-best common for the stat at .80 assists per recreation
- Riley Mattingly Parker has an NCAA chief and a UA-record seven game-winning targets this season Ashlynn Serepca 4th for game-winning targets at six
- Parker ranks fifth with 17 targets and sixth with 41 factors
- McKinley Crown Ranked thirteenth in Shutouts (10). The UA goaltender ranks third in profession saves (428) and second in goalkeeping minutes with 9,319.77 minutes
- Alabama is the second-biggest offensive participant in the nation, averaging 2.92 targets per recreation and averaging 8.44 factors per recreation, and ranks first in whole targets (73), whole factors (211), and whole assists this season (66).
- The Crimson Tide additionally ranks twelfth nationally on protection with .600 targets in opposition to common.
- Ashlynn Serepca leads the nation in video games performed whereas seeing time in 110 profession video games McKinley Crown counted her a hundred and fifth profession recreation
- Alabama gained a program-record 22 video games this yr due to the assist of a 15-game run that included a 10-0 SEC recreation efficiency and an SEC Tournament Championship look
- UA is at the moment occurring a 19-game unbeaten streak at Alabama Soccer Stadium when the workforce begins Friday, with the most up-to-date loss approaching Sept. 9, 2021 (2-1 OT vs. TCU loss).
- Alabama superior to the finals of the SEC event for the second time in program historical past and for the first time since 1995
- This season, for the first time in program historical past, UA defeated 5 high-ranking opponents and three top-10 groups, beating then-No. 5 South Carolina, then-No. 6 BYU, then-No. 7 Arkansas, then-No. 18 Clemson and then-No. 20 Miss
Get the newest on the workforce by following @AlabamaSoccer on Twitter and Facebook and AlabamaSoccer on Instagram. Also, for basic esports information, observe UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.