-Your hosts are Lance Russell & Dave Brown. We are FINALLY within the finals of the Southern Heavyweight Title Tournament that we did not find out about till final week. Lance unexpectedly explains that the match’s matches had been held in “different cities” and that each males defeated a number of unnamed opponents to get right here. But the CWA agreed to televise the finale right here, regardless of receiving a sizeable provide from the native promoter in Rio De Janiero, Kentucky. SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT FINALS: HECTOR GUERRERO VS HANDSOME JIMMY VALIANT (with Jimmy Hart) – As with normal title fights, the time restrict for the match finals is one hour, so we’ll open the present with that in case it goes the space.
– Jimmy Hart begins a battle with Hector and Hector simply walks over and punches him. Valiant retaliates with a stiff shot to the again of the top, suspiciously knocking Hector chilly. Babyfaces are available in to deal with Hector whereas Lance wonders if the Jimmies introduced a gun to the ring and we cannot have a match. Eddie Marlin rushes right here to verify he is keen to postpone the match till Hector recovers.
– But Hector has an excessive amount of guts and refuses to attend, so he tells his pals to depart the ring so he can wrestle like he ought to… and Valiant simply elbows the dazed Hector and pins him in seconds to win the title. Nobody expressed disgust higher than Lance Russell, and this angle is an ideal instance. However, Guerrero may be very oddly booked on this space.
– Tuesday night time on the Louisville Gardens Jimmy has his first title protection in opposition to ‘Dundee the Flea’ who’s even smaller than the man he simply beat! What does Dundee suppose difficult for that anyway, the Jimmies ask themselves.
– We get a Jerry Lawler tribute set on the grandiose theme Battlestar Galactica. Jerry admits he was nervous if his leg would maintain up throughout his first rematch, however dealing with the Dream Machine at Mid-South Coliseum satisfied him he nonetheless had it. We get a montage of Lawler’s Revenge Tour, with Lawler successful Dream Machine (with a post-match brawl), then Paul Ellering, after which Austin Idol, however Lawler fought everybody, and he is not going wherever anytime quickly.
– After Jerry Lawler, we’re again stay within the studio with… Jerry Lawler. Jerry now has Jimmy Hart’s file and wonders what to do with it? Throw in a river? Melting down the gold? Well the second would not occur as a result of he referred to as a pal within the report trade and was informed that gold information are literally simply gold plated so that they actually have little or no actual worth so he would not both.
-Actually a facet story from my life working in recreation exhibits. There’s another factor about gold information that does not make them very priceless. Bob Eubanks has this story about how he was given one of many Beatles’ gold information as a thanks for organizing and selling their concert events on the Hollywood Bowl. He stored it as a trophy for years after which at some point turned a query author The Game of the Newlyweds was curious sufficient to truly open the body, take out the gold disc and put it on a turntable, and it performs an obscure German-language opera. A gold report is not even the report it says it’s, the corporate merely takes a random nugatory report, sticks the suitable label on it and covers it in gold.
-So Jerry broadcasts that at 4:00 p.m. on the Old Bridge downtown, all followers who want to watch are invited to point out as much as watch as he throws Jimmy Hart’s gold report into the river. He asks followers to watch out, nevertheless, as Jerry, in traditional Memphis style, clarifies that site visitors is not going to be blocked and nothing official has been performed with the town for this publicity stunt. So should you present as much as watch Jerry throw the report within the river, you accomplish that at your personal threat.
– Next on Jimmy Hart’s record of Lawler enemies: Joe LeDuc. If Jerry wins, Jimmy Hart will likely be handcuffed to the highest rope and ten lashes from a leather-based strap! But Lawler clarifies that it is UP TO 10 lashes. If Jimmy Hart asks Lawler to stop at any level earlier than the tenth punch, Lawler should stop, however Jimmy Hart should stop skilled wrestling.
– We’re renewing everybody’s reminiscence of what a loopy, harmful mofo Joe LeDuc is. As for Flashback highlights, at a home present, ten followers are pulled from the group for a loopy stunt the place Joe stands in the midst of the ring together with his arms folded and the followers pull on straps on his arms to try to pull his arms in Part. LeDuc holds up, and bonus, one of many straps really breaks, making LeDuc look additional robust.
– We additionally rewatch a Mid-South Coliseum match between Lawler and LeDuc and you realize they edit it selectively so it is all of the highlights of LeDuc that Lawler simply throws the shit out of constructing Lawler seem like an fool leaves as a result of he desires to wrestle this man once more. Strangely, this is not a clip of the sport I used to be anticipating, and Lawler even mentions afterwards that he has scars from being thrown right into a desk by LeDuc, which we someway did not get to see right here. PASSING OF TIME: EDDIE GILBERT & KOKO WARE vs. BOUNTY HUNTERS (with Jimmy Kent) FALL ONE: Koko, who’s, sure, nonetheless the reigning TV champion, instantly takes David Novak to fall. Eddie shoulders a block on David so he tags in Brother Jerry. Gilbert reverses an atomic drop and turns it right into a facet headlock, whereas Lance lays out the heels’ backstory: a couple of years in the past, they had been an “obscure tag team” wrestling in low-profile matches in Canada. Jimmy Kent noticed them throughout a scouting journey and noticed one thing in them, so he introduced them to Memphis a short while in the past and rattling it, they instantly received the Southern Tag Team Titles. So simple. And now they’re again in territory.
-Koko will get a beatdown within the Bounty Hunters nook and makes an attempt a comeback however misses a dropkick. Eddie tries to assist and we have now chaos within the ring however Jimmy Kent sneaks up and knocks out Koko and Jerry turns for the three level rely.
-During the remaining interval, we recap some of the well-known promos within the territory’s historical past: Joe LeDuc takes an ax and carves an enormous line on his arm so that each time he appears to be like within the mirror he sees a scar that reminds him of it to take Jerry Lawler out of wrestling. And NOW let’s take a look at the match that passed off after this promo: LeDuc pushes Lawler excessive rope and Lawler lands SPLAT on a hoop desk with no flex by any means and his physique simply bounces off and he lands SPLAT on the concrete once more, fucking the muscle groups in his leg and knocked him out of wrestling for a bit.
-Joe LeDuc edits a promo of “his home” in Atlanta. Joe lives in a suspiciously well-lit home with solely three partitions and no decorations on the partitions. LeDuc smashes a flowerpot over his face to show he can take ache. “I’ve a maid! She can clear that up!”
CASE TWO: Back to the ring to finish the clock, Eddie weighs Jerry for a two rely. David walks in they usually knock it out till Eddie can escape and tag Koko. Koko’s dropkick will get a 3 rely and everyone seems to be extra confused than excited by the end. The TV time expires when the sport is over.