The Pittsburgh Steelers went into Sunday’s recreation towards the New Orleans Saints with a 2-6 document and with out three members of their secondary college. Cornerbacks William Jackson III and Ahkello Witherspoon had been injured, with Jackson occurring injured reserve, and All-Star safetyman Minkah Fitzpatrick was sidelined Saturday with a bout of appendicitis.
But Pittsburgh got here away with a 20-10 win, with cornerback Levi Wallace taking a giant step down within the Steelers’ secondary.
With Pittsburgh main 13-10, Wallace blocked a go to huge receiver Jarvis Landry, with security Damontae Kazee intercepting the go.
“It was good concentration from him to intercept it from up front,” Wallace stated, noting Kazee was “one on one” with an interception in his first recreation with the Steelers.
The turnover gave Pittsburgh possession on the New Orleans 44 to play 12:16, and the Steelers scored a landing to take a 10-point lead with 8:38.
After the Steelers’ protection stopped the Saints on downs, New Orleans’ final possession ended when Wallace picked up quarterback Andy Dalton 35 yards downfield with a throw to huge receiver Kevin White.
Wallace completed 4:23 on the Pittsburgh 26-yard line along with his second interception of the season and eighth of his profession, and the Steelers managed to finish the remaining time with a win at Acrisure Stadium.
“That felt good,” Wallace stated. “Two to the 12 months now. This might be my favourite up to now.
“I’ve been working towards getting my head round and finding the ball. I took a threat urgent it. It was late within the recreation. Somehow they knew they’d attempt to throw the deep ball. But I do not shrink back from these alternatives. And so I needed it, and I took it from him.”
Wallace additionally had 5 tackles within the recreation.
Wallace was amongst 32 former Alabama gamers who took to the sector on the tenth Sunday of the NFL’s 103rd season.
Five different former Alabama gamers had been concerned within the New Orleans-Pittsburgh recreation:
· Saints working again Derrick Gore is on the follow group and never eligible to play.
· Steelers security Minkah Fitzpatrick was known as recreation day inactive. Appendicitis saved Fitzpatrick off the sector.
· Najee Harris began working again for the Steelers. Harris hit season highs with 99 yards on 20 rush makes an attempt.
· Steelers heart JC Hassenauer performed however did not document any stats.
· Saints working again Mark Ingram was named recreation day inactive. A knee harm saved Ingram off the sector for the second straight recreation.
In the opposite Sunday video games:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers twenty first, Seattle Seahawks sixteenth
· Buccaneers huge receiver Julio Jones (Foley) had three receptions for 53 yards and one landing. Jones sprinted into the top zone after catching a go from quarterback Tom Brady to attain the primary factors of the sport from 31 yards. With Tampa Bay and Seattle in Munich, Jones scored the NFL’s first landing in Germany.
TIED TOGETHER: JULIO JONES SCORES THE NFL’S FIRST TOUCHDOWN IN GERMANY
· Seahawks lengthy snapper Carson Tinker dealt with the snaps for 5 punts, a area objective and an additional level.
Minnesota Vikings 33, Buffalo Bills 30 (OT)
· Vikings tight finish Irv Smith Jr. is on injured reserve and ineligible to play.
· Vikings defensive deal with Dalvin Tomlinson was dominated recreation day inactive. A calf harm saved Tomlinson off the sector for a second straight recreation.
Detroit Lions 31 Chicago Bears 30
· Isaiah Buggs began defensive deal with for the Lions. Buggs made 4 tackles and registered a quarterback hit.
· Eddie Jackson began protected for the bears. Jackson made 5 tackles.
· Bears offensive deal with Alex Leatherwood dressed for the sport however didn’t play.
· Lions heart Ross Pierschbacher is within the coaching squad and never eligible to play.
· Lions cornerback Saivion Smith is on follow group injured reserve and ineligible to play.
· Lions huge receiver Jameson Williams is on reserve/not soccer injured and ineligible to play.
Kansas City Chiefs 27, Jacksonville Jaguars 17
· Jaguar huge receiver Calvin Ridley is suspended by the commissioner and ineligible to play.
· Cam Robinson began in left offensive deal with for the Jaguars.
· Jaguar security Deionte Thompson is on the follow group and never eligible to play.
Miami Dolphins 39, Cleveland Browns 17
· Amari Cooper began at huge receiver for the Browns. Cooper caught three passes for 32 yards.
· Raekwon Davis began at nostril deal with for the Dolphins.
· Browns working again Jerome Ford returned three kickoffs for 95 yards. In his first motion since October 2, Ford returned the opening kickoff 48 yards. An ankle harm brought on the rookie to overlook 4 video games.
· Browns tight finish Miller Forristall performed however did not document stats. Cleveland lifted Forristall off their follow group to make him eligible to play.
· Ronnie Harrison began safely for the Browns. Harrison made two tackles.
· Tua Tagovailoa began as quarterback for the Dolphins. Tagovailoa accomplished 25 of 32 passes for 285 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions. Tagovailoa threw a 13-yard landing go to fullback Alex Ingold as Miami tied the sport 7-7 and 6-13 within the first quarter, a 14-yard TD go to huge receiver Trent Sherfield because the Dolphins with 17-7 within the lead with 32 seconds left within the first half and a 2-yard landing go to huge receiver Tyreek Hill to take the result in 30-10 with 37 seconds remaining within the third quarter. Tagovailoa recorded his third straight recreation with three TD passes and no interceptions.
TIED TOGETHER: TUA TAGOVAILOA OVERCOMES DAN MARINO FEAT FOR MIAMI
· Jaylen Waddle began at huge receiver for the Dolphins. Waddle caught 4 passes for 66 yards.
· Jedrick Wills Jr. began in left offensive deal with for the Browns.
New York Giants 24, Houston Texans 16
· Giants security Landon Collins is on the follow group and never eligible to play.
· Giants huge receiver Robert Foster is on the follow group and never eligible to play.
· Christian Harris began out as a linebacker for the Texans. Harris made 9 tackles and broke up a go.
· OJ Howard (Autauga Academy) began tight for the Texans. Howard was attacked as soon as however had no sign.
· Giants security Xavier McKinney is on reserve/not soccer injured and ineligible to play.
· Texas huge receiver John Metchie III is on reserve/sick and ineligible.
· Giants offensive deal with Evan Neal was known as recreation day inactive. A knee harm saved Neal out of the lineup for the second recreation in a row.
· Giants cornerback Aaron Robinson is on injured reserve and ineligible to play.
Tennessee Titans 17, Denver Broncos 10
· Broncos linebacker Christopher Allen is on injured reserve and ineligible to play.
· Titans defensive lineman Shyheim Carter is on the follow group and ineligible to play.
· Titan’s defensive finish Da’Shawn Hand is on injured reserve and ineligible to play.
· Derrick Henry started working again for the Titans. Henry went into the sport with a streak of 5 100-yard dashing performs, rushed for 53 yards for 19 carries and caught two passes for 14 yards.
· Kareem Jackson began with robust security for the Broncos. Jackson made 5 tackles and broke up a go.
TIED TOGETHER: KAREEM JACKSON JOINS ALABAMA’S LINEUP OF NFL TEAM CAPTAINS
· Jerry Jeudy began at huge receiver for the Broncos. Jeudy suffered an ankle harm on Denver’s first offensive snap and didn’t return.
· Patrick Surtain II began at left cornerback for the Broncos. Surtain made three tackles and broke up a go.
Indianapolis Colts 25, Las Vegas Raiders 20
· Anthony Averett began at clear security for the Raiders.
· Colts cornerback Tony Brown made a deal with towards particular groups.
· Raiders guard Lester Cotton (Central-Tuscaloosa) performed however did not document any stats.
· Josh Jacobs began working again for the Raiders. Jacobs rushed for 78 yards and a landing on 21 carries and caught six passes for 28 yards. Jacobs hit a one-yard run as Las Vegas lower Indianapolis’ 1:31 result in 14-13 within the third quarter.
· Ryan Kelly began at heart for the Colts.
· Raiders linebacker Reggie Ragland (Bob Jones, Alabama) is on the follow group and never eligible to play.
Green Bay Packers 31, Dallas Cowboys 28 (OT)
· Trevon Diggs began at cornerback for the Cowboys. Diggs made 5 tackles.
· Jarran Reed began on the defensive finish for the Packers. Reed made two tackles and registered three quarterback hits.
Arizona Cardinals 27, Los Angeles Rams 17
· Terrell Lewis began as an outdoor linebacker for the Rams. Lewis recorded a quarterback hit in his first begin of the season.
· A’Shawn Robinson began on the defensive finish for the Rams. Robinson made two tackles and registered two quarterback hits.
San Francisco 49ers 22, Los Angeles Chargers 16
· Chargers punter JK Scott averaged 40.0 yards on 5 punts with a 36.0 yard internet. Scott had a 32-yarder punt for a good catch on the San Francisco 17-yard line, a 42-yarder down on the San Francisco 24, a 44-yarder for a touchback, a 40-yarder for a good Catch on the San Francisco 23 and a 42-yarder for a good catch on the San Francisco 30.
Week 10 started Thursday night time when the Carolina Panthers defeated the Atlanta Falcons 25-15. Falcons linebacker Rashaan Evans (Auburn High) made 10 tackles, together with two from behind the road of scrimmage.
Week 10 concludes Monday when the Washington Commanders and Philadelphia Eagles meet at 7:15 p.m. CDT at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. ESPN and ESPN Deportes will televise the sport.
FOR MORE OF AL.COMGO TO OUR NFL Coverage NFL PAGE
Mark Inabinett is a sports activities reporter for the Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter at @AMarkG1.